Breakfast - Granola with greek yoghurt & fruit
Lunch - Veggie loaded omelette
Snack - Handful of raw nuts & hot cacao
Dinner - Loaded spaghetti bolognese
Dinner - Loaded Spaghetti Bolognese.
500gms (ideally grass fed organic) beef mince
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 carrot, finely diced
1 zucchini, finely diced
1 capsicum, finely diced
½ broccoli head diced
4 roma tomatoes, cubed
1 1/2 cups roughly chopped mushrooms
10 pitted olives, finely sliced
1/3 cup tomato paste
1 can crushed tomatoes (look for organic BPA free)
1 1/2 cups organic pasatta
3 bay leaves
1 handful of fresh herbs (basil & parsley)
Grated cheese to finish
• salt and pepper to season
• pasta of choice or zucchini noodles for serving
Sautee onion, garlic and carrot on a medium heat in a good lug of olive oil till the vegetables soften and begin to caramelise.
2. Add mince & garlic, cook till brown.
3. Add all other ingredients, season well, stir thoroughly and then cover the pot with its lid bringing the bolognese to a soft boil, then turn to simmer.
4. Ideally longer you simmer the more depth of flavour will develop, I cook mine for minimum of 1 hour or until a thick rich sauce.
5. Serve on al dente pasta or zoodles and finish with shavings of parmesean.