This is a favourite in our house, wether its a special occasion or a celebrations of an ordinary day this cake make a regular appearance. Basically because its 1 bowl, a handful of ingredients & it tastes delicious.
1 and 1/2 cups almond meal
pinch of salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
500mls cream, whipped till thick
2 cups berries
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C
2. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins.
3. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the sugar and vanilla -beat at high speed for at least 5 minutes. Add the salt & baking powder to the almond meal. Combine 1/2 cup of the almond meal to the egg mixture and gently combine, do not over mix. Repeat until you have no almond meal left.
4. Distribute cake mixture evenly to both cake tins.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely golden and a knife come out clean.
6. Remove from the oven. Run a knife slowly and careful around the edge of each cake. Gently flip the cakes onto cooling racks and remove the baking paper. Allow the cakes to cool completely.
7. Cover what is now the top of one cake with the whipped cream and evenly distribute the berries. Place the remaining cake on top and repeat. Cut. Eat. Enjoy.